Broadcast
Old School Pizzeria
Broadcast
SpongeBob the Musical: Behind the scenes
Mr. Schaefer displays penants from colleges attended by OHS alumni.
OHS Uncovered
The dos and don'ts of the college process
Homecoming is a tradition that endures the test of time.
OHS Uncovered
Lost traditions at OHS
Senior feature: Jasper Blake
People
Senior feature: Jasper Blake
A collage of OHS seniors favorite and least favorite books they read for English class.
OHS Uncovered
The best and worst books read in English class, according to seniors
Kims Convenience, Never Have I Ever, and Everything Everywhere All at Once, three of the best depictions of Asian Americans in media.
Entertainment
Asian American portrayals in media
UW is widely recognized as the most beautiful college campus in Washington state.
Local Life
The ultimate guide to Husky admissions
The Soccer Pod #1
Podcast
The Soccer Pod #1
Podcast
Bear Pod: How much homework is too much

The return of the silly, cheesy action movie: The Fall Guy

14 Views
IMDb
Director David Leitch’s new film starring Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt.

Retired stuntman Colt Seavers has sworn off taking falls on movie sets. That is until he gets the opportunity to take hits for his ex-girlfriend’s movie. After arriving on set, lead actor Tom Ryder disappears. Colt must take care of his unfinished business.

Still in love with the director, Jody, Colt tries his best to win her back while getting closer and closer to solving the mystery at hand. He gets set on fire, blown up, rolls cars, and takes every hit like a champ. Colt learns things about Ryder he shouldn’t have found out and gets into some deep trouble. With an 82% on Rotten Tomatoes, The Fall Guy (2024) was a hit.

This movie is full of action, comedy, and just a bit of romance. “Just back from the cinema and can’t remove the smile from my face. This genre of movie has been really lacking lately. Silly, cheesy, action-packed movies that are just fun,” says Kobrasec (IMDB.com). Fans agree that this movie is just what the people needed. 

The Fall Guy takes inspiration from 1980s stunt performers and is a swan song to the unseen heroes of film. This movie is a familiar treat for fans of John Wick, Nobody, and The Nice Guys. It’s the kind of popcorn fodder that can be watched again and again.

The action and the suspense kept the audience captivated the entire time. With Ryan Gosling playing Colt, Emily Blunt playing Jody, Aaron Taylor Johnson as Tom, and Hannah Waddingham as Gail, it is a well-put-together cast that adds to an exemplary movie.

It’s a solid 9/10 with great cinematography, a fantastic soundtrack, and an even better cast. This movie uses real stunts throughout the entire thing, which draws the audience in more. Grab your friends and your favorite snacks and enjoy this incredible movie.