Top 5 Halloween movies

There are so many Halloween movies to choose from, and for many people it’s difficult to decide what to watch. With this in mind: here’s a list of five fan-favorite Halloween movies that you must watch this October.

1. Hocus Pocus (1993) – Hocus Pocus is an iconic Halloween movie that is widely cherished by people all over the world. It follows the main character Max Dennison, his little sisters, and his friends in their encounter with three witches from the 17th century. This film is enjoyable to every age group, so if you are looking for a fun movie to watch with the family, this is the one.
  2. Scream (1996) – Scream is a classic mystery Halloween movie that is iconic for this time of year. The story follows an unknown killer’s pursuit of Sidney Prescott and Gale Weathers. These movies are quintessential to the Halloween spirit.

3. Coraline (2009) – The cult-classic Coraline is a hair-raising stop-motion animated movie. The story follows Coraline and her struggles to accept and appreciate her current home. She’s brought to another world that she believes is better, but in reality harbors horrible secrets. This film is scary yet approachable, making it a top choice this Halloween season.

4. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) – Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas is a spectacular Halloween movie. In the film, Jack Skellington tries to take over Christmas because Halloween isn’t as fun as it used to be. It’s an incredibly entertaining film that anyone is sure to enjoy.
  5. Corpse Bride (2005) – A man named Victor is betrothed to his love, Victoria. While preparing for this wedding he is pulled into the land of the dead and into the arms of another bride. He must try and get back to the land of the living while not disrespecting the decaying Corpse Bride. This macabre movie is a tearjerker, but absolutely worth the watch!

These are the Olympus’ top Halloween movies for 2023. They’ll make for a great end to a terrifying night. Have a great fall and happy Halloween!