Spicin’ it up with Starbucks

19 Views
Emma Gilman
Spicy Starbucks refresher appears the same as the normal refresher but with a hint of extra spice.

Starbucks is spicin’ it up with their new chili powder-infused refreshers. They’re taking a popular fan’s favorite refreshing beverage and turning it into a spicy treat!  These drinks include spicy strawberry, spicy dragonfruit, and spicy pineapple.  

Many of those who have tasted the drink find it not so enjoyable. The spicy strawberry starts like a normal refresher but the heat creeps up quickly. The spicy pineapple beverage had a similar taste to the strawberry which started sweet and slowly got spicier lighting up your taste buds. Unfortunately, the spicy dragonfruit was not available for review. 

Many people did not enjoy the chili powder in the refresher. “Who would like this?” OHS graduate Dawson Haworth questioned after sipping on the not-so-refreshing refresher. “It made my stomach hurt so bad!” exclaimed junior Matilda Lattimer.  

For those who want a drink with a kick to it, the spicy refreshers are it. They put multiple mouths up in flames. The spice of these drinks is similar to Taco Bell Diablo sauce, it has the same mouth-on-fire-burn-your-throat vibe. 

These drinks are comparable to the Mangonada Rebel (a tajin and mango beverage introduced in April 2023) from Dutch Bros. They’re similar in the sense that they’re fruity, but the heat in Starbucks drinks is way heavier. 

For those who are looking for an extra kick to start their morning, this drink is recommended.