Bears plan to bounce back after loss to Emerald Ridge

122 Views
Izayah Qiu
#10 Cale Allen rushes for 7 yards to gain the first down.

The Olympia Bears Football team had a rocky start to their season suffering a 0-34 loss.

Regardless, Olympia coaches and players have high hopes for a successful season. Coach Nicholas Mullen expressed that he is “looking forward to watching the guys improve every week.” Mullen agreed that “it’s been a rough start with lots of injuries and young players” but “by the end of the season, you will see how good we really are.” He also emphasized that “it’s all about [the team] and playing together.”

It was clear in the second half “where we forced four turnovers and shut them out,” states senior leader, Cale Allen, that our Bears have the ability to overcome any opponent’s momentum. Allen then commented on the team’s ability to work together when facing tough competition. When asked how he stays motivated when facing adversity, Allen expressed how his “love for the game and desire to win keeps [him] motivated, even when [they’re] down.” Allen is excited for the rest of the season and looking forward to watching all the work put in since January pay off.

The Bears are back at it this Friday at Graham-Kapowsin. Come support them as they take on the Eagles!