Top five things to do in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Zip-lining+through+the+jungle+is+a+thrill.+
Blayke Warner
Zip-lining through the jungle is a thrill.

After just returning from an awesome two weeks in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Washington wasted no time greeting me with its signature rain. Although I didn’t come back with as much of a tan as I had hoped, I did come home with some amazing memories and experiences. With that being said, here are my top five recommendations for activities to do in and around Puerto Vallarta and why. 

1. Zip-lining at Canopy River: Seriously, it’s the quintessential Puerto Vallarta experience—an adrenaline rush with a panoramic view of the city and rolling mountains. And that last zip-line where you swing into the river? Pure thrill! 

2. Stroll along the Malecón: The ideal boardwalk for a shopping spree or grabbing a bite to eat, and it’s just minutes away from the heart of the city! 

3. Go parasailing: Parasailing spots dot the beaches of Puerto Vallarta, offering a refreshing and exhilarating experience. (Just make sure you trust the folks pulling you 350 feet up in the air behind a boat… haha) 

4. Lounge by the pool: With the climate hot and humid almost year-round, there’s never a bad time to relax on a lawn chair by the pool. Whether you’re engrossed in a book, listening to music, or sipping on fresh juice, it’s pure bliss. 

5. Feast on some seafood: Nestled on a bay, Puerto Vallarta’s seafood game is on point. Explore the local seafood restaurants near you and try something new! 

Puerto Vallarta is truly a one-of-a-kind city offering an incredible mix of things to do, from laid-back resorts to culturally vibrant streets. If you’re on the lookout for your next getaway, Puerto Vallarta is the place to be!