Animal Crossing: New Horizons review

This is the cover art for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. The cover art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor of the game or the publisher, Nintendo, or the developers, Nintendo EPD.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a calming, charming, and beautiful game about building an island town from the ground up.

The player begins the game by flying to a deserted island with Tom, Timmy, and Tommy Nook, along with two villagers to help build the island. On the first day, the player can set up a tent, collect natural items from around the island like fruit and sticks, name the island, and become the island’s Resident Representative, meaning the player can build, design, and fund the town. This may sound like a lot, but don’t worry: the Nooks are there to help every step of the way.

As the game progresses, the player can unlock additional special buildings, islands, and villagers, help Timmy and Tommy build their shop, set up a museum to showcase the island’s beautiful natural wildlife, buy art from shady art dealers, go fishing or diving, invite more villagers to live on the island, and decorate the town.

A large part of Animal Crossing: New Horizons is decorating. With almost 2,000 furniture items, there are endless ways to beautify the island. When the game was updated in November 2021, cooking, crops, and an extra DLC were added. The Happy Home Paradise DLC allows the player to become a vacation home designer for hundreds of villagers.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the latest in a series of Animal Crossing games from Nintendo. It has a 10/10 rating from Nintendo Life, a 90% from Metacritic, and a 4.3/5 rating from Google Audience Reviews. This game has also won a lot of awards like Golden Joystick Awards’ Nintendo Game of the Year and Japan Game Awards’ Game of the Year.

It’s available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch, and has multiplayer options. Have fun playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

How do you feel about Animal Crossing: New Horizons?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.