Ariana Grande’s eternal sunshine album review

Grande’s eternal sunshine cover, courtesy of Republic Records.

Ariana Grande’s seventh album, eternal sunshine, is her latest since Grammy-nominated Positions was released in 2020. Fans have long awaited another album from this beloved singer. While Grande has released many singles and collaborations with other artists since then, fans were exhilarated when she announced the album. 

The album consists of twelve tracks. The “slightly” deluxe version includes seventeen, featuring Troye Sivan and Nonna, Grande’s grandmother. A music video has been released for “yes, and?” and “we can’t be friends (wait for your love), eternal sunshine’s most popular songs. 

eternal sunshine starts with an “intro (end of the world)” which sets the tone of confusing relationships and insecurities, themes explored for the rest of the album. This segues into Grande singing “bye” to her boyfriend and then how she “don’t wanna break up again.”

After the wake-up call Grande receives in “Saturn Returns Interlude,” eternal sunshine shifts to a more confident mood singing about what’s occurring in Grande’s life and releasing her from blame. Some of these songs include “yes, and?” and fan favorite “we can’t be friends (wait for your love).” 

For fans, this album is slightly unsatisfying. Some songs are enjoyable individually, but the whole album isn’t worth listening to again.