Olympia Bowling plans to strike back

Sami Potvin
Savannah Keoghan delivers the ball down the lane in a victory against Puyallup High School.

The Olympia High School Bowling team is off to a bit of a rocky start, with a record of 4 wins and 6 losses. As the season progresses, the team looks forward to showcasing their skills and enthusiasm for the game. The team started the season off strong, with a 1571-1539 win against Puyallup High School.

Since then, they have had losses against tough competition, but they look to make a comeback in their upcoming games after the recent losses against Bethel High School and Emerald Ridge High School.

Head coach Paul Rae shared that he believes that the team has the potential to go far into the postseason, and stated that the team continues to grow. Rae expects the team to rise to the top, especially after their last win on Thursday night against Puyallup, scoring high in the 1600s.

“I think we are setting ourselves up to be very strong in the end, which is really what we need,” said Rae.

The team has also decided to incorporate Saturday practices to improve their game.

Rae also pointed out some key bowlers on the team, mentioning Lucy and Sophia Boyd, Madison Duncan, and Savannah Keoghan. He highlighted their leadership and skill as they have helped push the team towards success.

Keoghan, a senior, currently leads the team in points, and is a strong member of the bowling team. She is also looking forward to the postseason and watching the team improve by the end of the season.

When asked about her favorite part of being on the team, Keoghan commented, “I enjoy how it is a very personal sport while also contributing to a team effort. It’s like you’re always competing with yourself, while simultaneously competing with the other team.”

Come support your bears at their next home match against Sumner High School this Thursday!