Boys Tennis finishes first in SPSL

Scott Hermann
Seniors Truman Flora and Zach Song during their matches

As the Boys Tennis season comes to an end and the team moves into their postseason schedule, seniors Zach Song and Truman Flora were honored at their last home game of the season. Both seniors won their matches and the other athletes fought behind them to secure a 4-1 team win over the Rogers Rams.

Song prepares to serve the ball to his opponent (Scott Hermann)

Song has loved his four years at Olympia High School and he has enjoyed “seeing [his] growth” as well as “watching the underclassmen develops their skills.” He describes the team dynamic as “super connected” and that “they all build each other up.” Song is a positive role model on and off the court for all players and peers. For the week of October 9-13, Song was awarded “Athlete of the Week” by the Athletic Department as he has officially finished his regular season undefeated and will be going to the upcoming District Tournament.

The other senior on the team, Truman Flora, has also competed on the team for all four years. He reflected on his seasons with the team and said that his favorite memories were “the van rides to and from the away matches. The music is blasting and [they] all have a ton of fun.” Flora has also been a pivotal part of the team’s success this year and has contributed to the team’s first place finish in the SPSL league.